Sadly the Wimbledon Tennis Championships 2020 have been cancelled due to the pandemic. It is the first year that we are unable to operate our Love All Serve All initiative in its usual format of engaging with the fans in the park. We will miss our nightly chats with fans and stewards. However, our mandate and passion to love and serve remain. So we will still be here for the tennis community in a variety of ways.
Here is a summary of the activities for 29th June – 11th July and ways that you can be involved
1. Prayer: there will be 3 ways to pray during the fortnight – via Zoom every weekday lunchtime 12.30 – 1pm. Prayer walking around Wimbledon Park. Doing a virtual prayer walk which you can view on our What We Do page.
2. Chaplaincy Space: we would like to offer a listening ear and prayer to any tennis fan, as we normally would. We will make this available online Wed 1st, Thurs 2nd, Mon 6th, Wed 8th July at 8.30pm.
3. Virtual Queue: we would love you to take a photo of yourself recreating the famous Queue experience! This could be in a tent, under an umbrella, eating strawberries & cream etc. Email it to us with your name, town and country. At the end of the fortnight we will create a montage and see how many people and how many countries have participated in the virtual Queue!
4. Fundraising: would you be willing to do a tennis themed sponsored event during the fortnight to raise funds for Third Space Ministries? This could be 14 days camping in your garden; watching back to back reruns of classic matches; playing a non-stop tennis match in your garden or whatever creative ideas you can think of!
5. Quiz Nights: we have 2 Question of Sport Quiz Nights on Thurs 2nd, Mon 6th where you can enter solo or with a team of up to 5 people.
6. Guest Speakers: we are thrilled to have 2 guest speakers to share their stories about tennis and faith. On Wed 1st July, we will interview James Auckland, Former British Number 1 Doubles Player. And on Wed 8th July, we will interview Dave Courteen, author of More to Gain than Just The Game, shortlisted for The Telegraph Illustrated Book of the Year 2020.
Our schedule for the fortnight is posted below, and you can follow daily updates and tennis challenges on our social media pages, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We are also doing free giveaways of our bespoke stress balls & gospels to anyone who writes in and requests one during the fortnight.
If you wish to participate in any of the activities then do get in touch using the contact button at the top of the page. The events are free but we are operating a booking system for security purposes, and for some events we will require a minimum number